KANSAS CITY, Mo. (December 11) — Whether a seasoned fisherman, a paddle sports fan, a sailing expert or just a lover of outdoor fun, there’s no better place to enjoy a taste of summer this winter than at the 2020 Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®, held at Bartle Hall Jan. 9-12.
The region’s largest indoor gathering for boating and outdoors enthusiasts is celebrating 66 years, showcasing the latest and greatest in boats, outdoor gear and marine accessories. This year’s event features more than 300 new boats to board and buy, from fishing boats and pontoons to watersport boats and luxury vessels. A variety of hands-on, family-friendly activities will also be on deck, including the new Paddle Sports Pool where attendees can get their feet wet boating aboard a variety of paddleboards and kayaks.
“Whether you’re looking for family fun to escape cabin fever, or are searching for a new boat and fishing gear, the show has something for everyone,” said Becca Doyle, show manager. “With the largest mix of boating and outdoors products for sale in the area, there’s no better place to stock up for summer fun.”
Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow® highlights:
- New! Paddle Sports Pool, where attendees can get their feet wet checking out demos and testing a new Hobie or Jackson Kayak. Seminars and open paddle times will be posted on-site.
- New! Career Day, where students and job seekers can get career advice and hear about job openings from marine business professionals on Friday, Jan. 10.
- New! The Show Me Stage, where attendees can hear from fishing experts and watch fishing and casting demonstrations.
- Back by Popular Demand! Fred’s Shed, offering do-it-yourself enthusiasts and boat owners the chance to hear professional, practical advice on maintaining, repairing and upgrading your boat or motor.
- Boats & Brews, featuring live music, craft beer tastings and more on Friday, Jan. 10 from 5-9 p.m. Tickets will be available online.
- The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers – a chance to see firsthand how fish react to various rods and bait.
- KC Food Truck Mafia, serving up tasty, unique fare inside of Bartle Hall during the show from a variety of local food trucks.
- Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free, reeling in live trout.
The show takes place at Bartle Hall:
- Thursday, Jan. 9, 2-9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 10, Noon-9 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 11, 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Tickets are $12 for adults, and children under 12 are free.
For more information on show dealers and exhibits or to purchase tickets, visit http://www.kansascitysportshow.com. Follow The Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow® on social media at @KCBoatSportshow on Facebook and Instagram or by using #KCBoatShow.