Show takes place Jan. 9-12
Outdoor enthusiasts of all ages – families, fishermen, hunters, boaters, from professional outdoorsmen to young adventure-seekers – can escape cabin fever and get ready for warmer days ahead at the 2020 Progressive® Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow®.
Progressive Insurance Kansas City Boat & Sportshow – the area’s longest running and largest boating and outdoors event. This year’s show features more than 300 new boats plus hundreds of outdoor gear options and marine accessories. Hands-on activities and live entertainment include:
- New! Paddle Sports Pool, where attendees can get their feet wet checking out demos and testing a new Hobie or Jackson Kayak. Seminars and open paddle times will be posted on-site.
- New! Career Day, where students and job seekers can get career advice and hear about job openings from marine business professionals on Friday, Jan. 10. (10:30a.m.-Noon).
- New! The Show Me Stage, where attendees can hear from fishing experts and watch fishing and casting demonstrations.
- Back by Popular Demand! Fred’s Shed, offering do-it-yourself enthusiasts and boat owners the chance to hear professional, practical advice on maintaining, repairing and upgrading your boat or motor.
- Boats & Brews, featuring live music, craft beer tastings and more on Friday, Jan. 10 from 5-9 p.m. Tickets will be available online.
- The Hawg Trough, a 5,000-gallon, fully stocked fishing demo tank with seminars from pro anglers – a chance to see firsthand how fish react to various rods and bait.
- KC Food Truck Mafia, serving up tasty, unique fare inside of Bartle Hall during the show from a variety of local food trucks.
- Willow Creek Trout Pond, where little ones can practice their angling skills for free, reeling in live trout.
Additional media opportunities for media to capture footage begin during boat and sportshow move-in and run through Sunday, Jan. 12.
- Show Move-In, Tuesday, Jan. 7 beginning at 7:00 a.m. Preview the show and capture footage of boats moving in. Interviews with the show manager, Becca Doyle, can be coordinated.
- VIP Preview Night, Wednesday, Jan. 8, 6-9 p.m. Not open to the public, media are welcome to attend to get a first look inside the show. Interviews with the show manager and exhibitors can be coordinated.
- Thursday, Jan. 9 - Sunday, Jan. 12. Media are welcome to tour the show, tape or do live shots throughout show days. Interviews with the show manager and exhibitors can be coordinated.
*Show can accommodate early morning live TV beginning Tuesday, Jan. 7. To coordinate media interviews or for press materials, preview photos or B-roll, or to obtain press badge, contact Mackenzie Lujin at email@example.com or 913.449.0331.